David Lanham and I traveled to New York over the 4th of July weekend, 2008. We were invited by our friend Von Glitschka as guest speakers at the ICON5 Illustration conference. I had not been to NYC in years and it was great to meet talented artists, designers and see the city. While there I learned some important facts about the Big Apple that I thought I would share with all of my loyal readers.
• • •
10. Everyone either listens to an iPod or talks on a cell phone.
9. If I lived in NYC, I think I’d like to live in Greenwich Village.
8. Yankees fans get really upset when you tell them “Go Sox!”
7. No one in NYC bothers to read signs.
5. There is a place to eat every few feet.
4. I need to buy more Apple stock.
3. Tell your traveling companion to call if he’ll be out after 2am.
2. Despite what you see in movies and TV, the people are friendly.
1. A cab ride through the heart of Manhattan is just as thrilling, nerve-wracking and expensive as a trip on Space Mountain.